Thursday, August 28, 2008

The Bitch Is Back

Last week was the record breaker behind the boxtruck.

Yesterday morning I caught two drafts, one was behind an SUV ~ 35 mph for about a minute, and the other was behind a large box truck for about two minutes, but it took me up a hill at 30 mph that I would have had to downshift for. It wasn't especially noteworthy except that it was a Ketel One truck. That was pretty cool.

Tonight, on the way home, I hopped in behind a line of two SUVs and a conservation commission pick-up truck, and rode them for about two miles at 30 mph until they all turned off, one by one.


This past tuesday I went to the Tuesday Night Fights. I wasn't sure how it was going to pan out, so I just sort of sat in for most of it. As we got closer to the end I was feeling good enough to go with an attack on a hill by three other riders. As we crested the hill and started to descend, I decided it was time to do a little work. One of the riders dropped off right away, so the three of us traded good solid pulls, keeping up a steady 25 mph in the flats, putting a good minute on the rest of the riders by the end. Since I hadn't done any real efforts before going with that attack, I pulled the other two up the last hill and through the last two corners, then pulled off to let them fight it out.

So, I registered for the Bob Beal stage race today.

No comments: