Thursday, April 1, 2010

And On A Lighter Note.....

Never let it be said that I don't do my best to help my fellow human better themselves. I dabble in the Yahoo Answers forum, from time to time, especially in the cycling section, helping people with repair and fitness issues. Occasionally I venture outside the cycling page to answer another question that piques my interest, and did so the other day.

I got an email message following one of my reply postings:

From: Yahoo! Answers
Subject: Violation Notice Email
To: Zencycle
Date: Tuesday, March 30, 2010, 10:45 PM

Hello Zencycle

It has been reported that you have posted content to Yahoo! Answers in violation of our Community Guidelines or Terms of Service. As a result, your content has been deleted. Community Guidelines help to keep Yahoo! Answers a safe and useful community, so we appreciate your consideration of its rules.

Regards,
Yahoo! Customer Care

So I went to the posted question, and indeed they had taken my answer down.

Well...Excuuuuuuuse me!!!!

So I went to my internet cache and dug out the offending page (this is a JPG version, click to enlarge):


But they let the answers "Do you by any chance have a pet snake also?" and "ask the cat" stand? Some people have no sense of humor.......

5 comments:

Amanda said...

omg. i've been wiping tears of laughter all morning.
so much for productivity in the work place.

Raineman said...

Someone with sensitive feelings and a penchant for rat-snuggling muust rule Yahoo.

CB2 said...

I can't believe you can be so cold and offensive. Have you no humanity!
Play by the rules.

zencycle said...

I have plenty of humanity, it's rat-ity I'm short on....

RockStarTri said...

I thought the snake comment was worse than yours. Realize the bar has been set higher and go for it next time!