Friday, February 4, 2011

H.N.T. - Excalibur: The Lady Of the Lake

Yeah, yeah, I know it's friday, I lost a day somewhere, so fucking shoot me.

For those of you who particiapted in high school for the social event, allow me to edify you with a bit of culture from english literature:

In the legend of King Arthur, he was granted his royalty through Divine Providence, by receiving the magic sword Excalibur from The Lady Of The Lake


The maiden paused, as if again
She thought to catch the distant strain.

With head upraised, and look intent,

And eye and ear attentive bent,



And locks flung back, and lips apart,
Like monument of Grecian art,
In listening mood, she seemed to stand,
The guardian Naiad of the strand.

Now, this isn't to slight other interpretations of Arthurian Legend. To quote Michael Palin:

"You can't expect to wield supreme executive power because some watery tart threw a sword at you."



And lastly, just 'cuz I really like this one:




No comments: