Wednesday, December 29, 2010

New Toys!!!! Yaaaaaaaay!!!!!!

I'm not normally one to go on about getting stuff, unless of course it's some great bike item, but I felt very appreciated by my family's show of not just getting me christmas presents, but things they knew I would appreciate.

My daughter decided to use her imagination, and bought me these:



A collection of beer coasters. I guess they have some sort of "beer store" at the mall where they sell all things related to beer, except for beer. She wrapped them all individually.

She also must have heard me mention how cool I thought this was:



It's a double-ended ratcheting box wrench. And yes, it's as cool as it looked on TV. I haven't had the chance to use it yet, but there's no doubt I will.

My wife went a bit overboard, and decided to spring for this:



It's an english bottom-bracket chase and face tool. For chasing and facing your bottom-bracket. I know I enjoy a thorough bottom-bracket chasing and facing, and I'm sure you would too. There's something of a comforting satisfaction that comes with a freshly chased and faced bottom-bracket.

Before chasing and facing:





Chased and faced!





But this one threw me. After all these years I know she's paying attention:



No, it's not a personally autographed picture of Randy Mantooth (What Do You Want From Life?), it's a personally autographed picture of Bernard Hinault. I was incredulous.

Me: "that's bernard hinault, wait, is that real signature?"
Her: "yeah, I'm really relieved you knew who it was"
Me: "it's bernard hinault, of course I know who it is. Where on earth did you get the idea for this?"
Her: "I was browsing ebay looking for something different for you and saw it. I googled him to see if it was anyone worthwhile and figured he was"
Me: "uh, YEAH he's worthwhile...."
Her: "so I did good?"
Me: "You did fucking awesome"
(I just love saying 'fuck' in the context of christmas)

To top it all off, my parents bought me the complete box set of the entire Monty Python Flying Circus TV show.

Up Next - Pictures of me chasing and facing whilst singing The Lumberjack Song:



Everyone sing along now!

I'm a lumberjack and I'm okay,
I sleep all night and I work all day.
(He's a lumberjack and he's okay,
he sleeps all night and he works all day)

I cut down trees, I eat my lunch, I go to the lavatory,
On Wednesdays I go shopping, and have buttered scones for tea.
(He cuts down trees, he eats his lunch, he goes to thelavatory,
On Wednesdays he goes shopping, and has buttered scones fortea)

I'm a lumberjack and I'm okay,
I sleep all night and I work all day.

I cut down trees, I skip and jump, I like to press wildflowers,
I put on women's clothing and hang around in bars.
(He cuts down trees, he skips and jumps, he likes to press wildflowers
He puts on women's clothing and hangs around in bars??)

I'm a lumberjack and I'm okay,
I sleep all night and I work all day.

I cut down trees, I wear high heels, suspenders and a bra.
I wish I'd been a girly, just like my dear Papa.
(He cuts down trees, he wears high heels, suspenders? and abra???)
(girlfriend: I thought you were so rugged! oh, you!!)

(walks out)

He's a lumberjack and he's okay,
he sleeps all night and he works all day.
He's a lumberjack and he's okaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.....
he sleeps all night and he works all day.

3 comments:

CB2 said...

Now if she got you a Randy Mantooth Squad 51 picture autographed by the Badger that would really be something!

Big Bikes said...

I have a friend who became an EMT because of Randy Mantooth. I am not kidding.

A chase and face tool for the home shop? That is crazy. Crazy like an awesome fox.

- t

Amanda said...

dude. i just saw this. you're a lucky man. and i like you and all, but i'm not singing along.