Thursday, October 2, 2008

distractions

I know, 'bad blogger', going for more than two weeks with no post...shame on me.

I've been distracted, I really don't care to go into it, but hey, "i am what i am and that's all that i am".

More relevant to the purpose of this blog, I just bought a slightly used Scott CR1 frame and fork. I plan on building it up with the campy chorus and associated parts from my tsunami, and maybe slowly replace parts with newer, lighter components over time.



The bike is sharp looking, and very light....stupid light.



I've also been tracking my power vs HR on my commutes. Now, the absolute power may be incorrect, but it's repeatable, so I can use it as a number relative to my personal performance. Besides that, I _did_ to a calculated measurement using an on-line calculator, and it came up about 1.3% difference. Anyways, I've been averaging about 225 watts and 160 BPM during my ten mile commutes since I installed the power meter. It will be interesting to see what sort of difference I get after I come out o the basement and start commuting next year (assuming I or anyone else has a job or course).

On a side note, I've been running more lately. Maybe start training for racing soon. There are a few local off road 5 ks, I can try, just to see how things go. Next year I should be stylin'.

That's all for now. I know, very lame blog entry. give me a few days to get back into it....rid myself of these distractions.

No comments: